7.11.2010

Time for a Meltdown

No! This is not my daughter but this is what she has looked like for the last few days hence my lack of blogging! No one ever warns you about the "15 month melt down" phase. You hear about the "terrible two's" and how bad it is when they are teething but what about the "15 month melt down's"

I would like to share my favorite melt down of the week. Luci and I were having a tea party a couple of mornings ago...All was going well, we were sipping our tea (water) with our pinky's up (no joke she puts her pinky up) and then all of the sudden she lost it. Full blown tantrum! Why you ask??? I still don't have that answer! She proceeded to take her chubby little arm and swipe everything off of the table onto the floor and if that was not theatrical enough she bent down and bit the side of the table as hard as she could.

What was even more comical was my reaction to her.... I stood up and yelled "great! now we can't have a tea party!" and put all of her cups and saucers away slamming the cabinet door... (Wonder where she gets it?) I love how all of the articles and "experts" tell you to remain calm and wait out the "storm" as if a sleep deprived mom who has been listening to their toddler scream for what seems like an hour for no apparent reason is going to do that!

Needless to say if I am a little behind on my blogging this is why!!!

7 comments:

  1. You would think this would make me not want to have a tea party with Luci but that is not the case. I am dying to get home to have an exact replica of this party b/c I think it is hilarious that a. her pinky was up while sipping tea and b. after knocking stuff off the table she bit the table. Very creative Lucia! I like the drama. I think she gets that from me!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will guarantee that she gets her theatricality from you! Who else? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me Ms. Rage Blackout I had to live with you all through college! I remember one time you threw your cellular device off of a balcony. Karma always comes back to bite you in the ass! Keep it up Miss Lucia, you are making Auntie Em very proud :) JK

    P.S. It is totally okay to have issues with anger management! I threw a spatula across my kitchen the other day... with pancake batter on it! Thank God no windows were broken :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pitts why aren't you one of my many "followers"? That is rude!

    I do have anger issues at times and being a mother has really brought it out in me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This story made me bust out laughing at work today. Thanks for the entertainment. I can't wait for Ashlyn to have these freak outs. Biting the table was key to this melt down. I will have to remember to do that next time I have one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, now apparently I am following for real. Im not sure what happend the first time! I'm also adding you to my "blogs I love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. biting tables does sounds strangely like it would help during a breakdown. Thanks for the tip, Luci!

    ReplyDelete