7.02.2010

Brinner

What does someone do for dinner when their fridge is lacking the majority of ingredients for mostly any meal? The answer is simple....BRINNER! Breakfast for dinner! I am not sure about this but I am pretty sure my husband coined that term! Everyone has ingredients for breakfast of some sort! I just happened to have some left over buttermilk (because I made creme fraiche from scratch a few weeks ago) and blueberries as well. Hello Blueberry pancakes! I am not going to lie to all of my readers (anyone?) and say that I have EVER made pancakes from scratch. Which is weird because cooking is one of my passions and I rarely use a boxed mix...except for pancakes. I for some reason cannot resist good old Aunt Jemima's whole wheat pancakes! So for my very first attempt I went with a recipe I found over at Smitten Kitchen. Check out her tips when making pancakes...quite helpful!

Now saying that I was hesitant to try this recipe is an understatement. Not because of the difficulty level of the recipe...but because it was a....brace yourself...a Martha Stewart recipe. Ugh! I could hardly type that name without cringing (lets go with MS from now on)! I am sorry to all of the MS lovers out there but something about this woman truly drives me crazy! I am not sure if it is her monotone voice, horrible outfits (she clearly needs to read about some acceptable fashion options over at Kelsey Jane Grins) or how snotty she behave when her celebrity guests don't master a technique on the first try (you shouldn't have even had Snoop Dog on your show lady)! My dislike for MS is stronger than my dislike for Rachel Ray's voice, the word smize, and Jesse James (Sandra bullocks ex, not the american outlaw).

Now that I let that out....the pancakes were actually pretty awesome, I was prepared to order in Chinese and instead I was pleasantly surprised. Pics of my brinner extravaganza coming soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, those pancakes sound amazing! And thanks for the heads-up on "smize." That is ooc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out. Haha - I kind of blushed when I read that.

    I have a very strong hate for Jesse James as well. It doesn't get better than sandra Bullock!

    And I want to try these homemade pancakes soon! they sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Perko, I did not know what *ooc* meant but don't worry because Todd Taylor cracked the code! Kels, no worries! I can think of a few more peeps that need to tune into your blog! Happy 4th to you both xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so that post above from Connie was really from me...I was logged into her account.

    ReplyDelete